Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 02 : 33 PM
Get your veggies in with this tasty vegetable pie!
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 3 TBS chopped red onion
- 3 TBS chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 TBS diced tomato
- 3 TBS chopped celery
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Bisquick
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Place 1-inch of water and the broccoli in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes, until the broccoli is tender but not mushy.
- Combine the veggies in a small pie plate prepared with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, Bisquick, salt and pepper; pour over the cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.