Greek Feta Delight
Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 02 : 38 PM
Here’s my take on a wonderfully flavorful dish with all the wonderful Greek tastes:
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 TBSP chopped onion
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, diced
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp crushed pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cook rice according to package directions; drain.
- Combine egg, milk and half the cheese; stir into rice.
- Transfer to a small greased baking dish or ramekin.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until cooked through; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives and remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture over rice and heat through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Thanks to lonelygourmet.com for this recipe