I love lasagna; when I was pregnant with my daughter, the only thing that settled my stomach, the only thing I craved was lasagna. So I came up with a quick, easy way to make lasagna that you can do for as many as you need. I’m not putting in any measurements, because it’s that flexible.
Marinara sauce (your favorite, with or without meat)
- Cook desired amount of pasta according to package directions, enough for 3 rows in whatever dish you’re using. Make sure it’s just al dente, not mushy.
- Drain pasta.
- Spray the inside of your dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- Spoon a thin layer of marinara on the bottom of the pan.
- Add 1 row of pasta.
- Top with dollops of ricotta cheese and spread.
- Sprinkle parsley.
- Add a layer of thinly-sliced or grated mozzarella.
- Spoon a thin layer of marinara.
- Add 1 row of pasta and repeat.
- When you dish is full, with one last layer of pasta, spoon copious amounts of marinara over the top, cover completely with mozzarella and garnish with parsley.
- Bake at 350 until the marinara is boiling and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes to cool and settle.