: Par-boiling the potatoes are key to making quick scalloped potatoes!
- 2 cups water
- 2 potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green onion, minced
- 2 TBSP butter or margarine
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 TBSP seasoning salt
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
- Bring 2 cups of water to a rolling boil.
- Add the potatoes and par boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and quickly rinse in cold water.
- Combine flour, milk and seasoning salt in a small pan and cook until just barely boiling. Remove from heat and allow to thicken.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place one layer of potatoes on the bottom of the dish.
- Top the layer with thinly-sliced butter pats.
- Spoon on the flour/milk mixture.
- Sprinkle layer with cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layering until potatoes are all used.
- Top with butter, cheese and corn flake crumbs.
- Bake at 350 until cheese is melted.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Recipe provided by our good friends LonelyGourmet