I love gingerbread any time of year, but especially as the weather grows colder. The problem is two-fold: So many can’t eat wheat and the loaves are always too big for one person to eat before it goes bad. I say – who cares if there’s too much, just dig in! As for the wheat flour issue, let’s try this wheat-free!
- 1-1/4 cup rice flour
- 1-1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs, well-beaten
- Stir together the first 5 ingredients, making sure they are combined well.
- Mix together the next 5 ingredients and add to the flour mixture.
- Add eggs.
- Beat all ingredients thoroughly until well-mixed.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm topped with whipped cream or cool topped with powdered sugar
originally published on LonelyGourmet